THIS is AMERICAN IDOL!

<i><b>THIS</b> is AMERICAN IDOL!</i>

IDOL IS BACK!!!

Monday, May 11, 2015

The End of an Era

Well, Dr. L & I have been MIA for most of this season, because a lot of life stuff happened, but I never thought this would be the season where FOX decided to cash in! I just read the news today that Idol will be canceled after the 2016 season. We will HAVE to give it one last hurrah on the old Taster blog, and I bet Idol will throw the kitchen sink at us with special guests and returning Idols etc. It has been a long strange journey!
How have you guys been? How was this season? After the early rounds we just got behind and never caught up. Knowing that this is the next-to-last season we will probably watch the last eps this year and comment (though we missed all the drama LOL!).
So it's down to Clark, Jax and Nick? I want to say Rubbertoe called this way back but I can't remember! The odds seem to be that Clark is a shoo-in, but we'll see. It's a kind of… pale finale isn't it?

K out!

Oh! P.S., I almost forgot, we got a really funny email from the On Camera Audiences folks to be seat-fillers for the finale. It seemed like an interesting opportunity, and we have done it before (and got GREAT seats right behind the magic board Ryan reads his words from, which is in turn right behind the judges.)
But the instructions this time said we should be of an age "between 18-29" -- which we sadly are not LOL. I thought it was really crazy of Idol to think by sticking young faces in the crowd it would make the show seem more relevant?

IDK, maybe that's not the reason. And I also wondered if they would card us, ha! I don't know if we look 29 but we look younger than our age. It would be hilarious to see them weeding out the old lying folks trying to slip in, except that you have to wait forever just to get to that stage and I would be pissed! But we decided to pass. C'est la vie.

No comments: