THIS is AMERICAN IDOL!

<i><b>THIS</b> is AMERICAN IDOL!</i>

IDOL IS BACK!!!

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Rush Week Guys

First up, Caleb Johnson - Wow...I have not been a huge fan of his, but tonight, he blew it away and I am beginning to understand why he is in the top 10. I thought his performance tonight was better than every one of the girls from last night. Excellent!!!! 2. CJ Harris - Good..but hard to follow Caleb. I have been a fan of his from the beginning. 3. Emmanuel - He's got a great voice, but I don't think America is going to embrace someone who is so flamboyant. It will be interesting to see. 4. Sam - Wow...he's giving Caleb a run for his money. He is a shoo-in for the top 5. 5. George Lovett - I honestly have no memory of him..and his performance tonight is probably why. It did nothing for me. He is not going on beyond tonight 6. Dexter Roberts - "This old boy" - He's good and he's different than the rest of the guys. I think he will make the top 5. He's also different than most of the past years, country guys...a little more hard core country, even more than OMG...I can't remember his name...(The "Baby lock the doors and turn the lights down low" winner from three years ago...oh yeah...Scotty McCleery. 7. Alex Preston - I don't know what to think of this guy...he's a little too quirky for me. He's unigue enough that I think he can go through to the top 5, but I have a feeling that he is going to be one that gets on my nerves real quick and goes further than he should. Three spots left....we all know one of the ones will be Spencer. I suspect that they are going to put him through 10th...to try to raise drama...but there is no question that he will go through. 8. Malcolm - He's been one of my favorites from the beginning...This performance was not his best though...and I think it was completely the wrong song for him and it didn't properly showcase his voice and I'm afraid that it sealed his doom tonight. 9. Ben Briley - This one kinda surprises me....I think there were better people left in the top 10. I don't think he should go through...but the AI southern vote might put his through. 10. Idol....you are soooooo transparent anymore....do you think ANYONE fell into your attempt at drama here? I saw this coming a mile away. Guitar or no guitar? No Guitar....I think that was smart, because it allowed him to expand on the image that we have of him so far. Not the best vocal, but a fun performance...and his good looks are going to propel him into the top 5...that is an absolute guarantee Rubbertoe's Top 5: Sam, CJ Harris, Alex Preston, Caleb and Spencer America's Top 5: Caleb, Spencer, Sam, Alex and Ben (I guess I think America and I only disagree on one).....I'm anxious to see. One thing is for sure....this group of guys is sooooooo much stronger than the girls. Rubbertoe....out!

No comments: