THIS is AMERICAN IDOL!

<i><b>THIS</b> is AMERICAN IDOL!</i>

Trent Harmon Wins The Last American Idol

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Top 30 Boys Nite

The Olympics have really thrown us off. We watched boys Nite and Results tonight back to back.


Boys nite: let's see if they are any better than the lackluster girls. Since we are watching/writing this on Thursday, in reality the Top 10 has already been decided. 

1. Caleb (meatloaf jr.) -- Already the boys have knocked the girls off the stage. This guy is a natural. It remains to be seen if he has subtler shades to his performances, but he does the rock thing well.

2. CJ Harris -- 1st of the Alabama Triad!!! Nice soulful rendition. Dr. L said maybe he has found his niche. Roll Tide!!! I love that he had a root canal and never mentioned it. Some people don't have to bitch to get by.

3. Emmanuel -- you know he would make it. Definitely entertaining, but a little spastic in his performance. Voice was all over the place, too. Harry keeps it real. I agree with Jlo that this was not the best song choice. He does have a good spirit.

4. Sam -- a Berkeley kid. I love this David Gray song. So far the boys have been way better than the girls. This was a little shaky on takeoff, but smoothed out. 

5. George -- seems like he was having trouble breathing on the front end. Another case of the nerves, I guess. Have a lot of Idols done this song? I don't really remember it. This was a whatev performance for me.

6. Dexter -- I don't know about his outfit -- got some moobs going on. He seems really genuine. Nice tone to his voice. I like that there is no diva action here, and he has a good connection with the audience. 

7. Alex -- I like that Idol is promoting the oddball singers this year. I like this guy, but I wonder if he will connect to middle America? He has a nice voice that doesn't rely on screaming, and that's rare on Idol. 

8. Malcolm -- good song choice. I think he really connected with this one. A little sharp in spots, but it was good.

9. Ben (gumbo) -- Dr. L said the boys in general are just more listenable. I resent the blatant Tennessee Vols promotion LOL. He did a good job. I am wondering what he will do on later theme weeks. 

10. Spencer -- an energetic performance, but maybe a little forced? His vocal was not great tonight but he's one of the cute boys so he should stick around. 

I love how all the boys hugged each other -- the girls were a little more catty LOL. Now, onto the results show.

No comments: