THIS is AMERICAN IDOL!

<i><b>THIS</b> is AMERICAN IDOL!</i>

IDOL IS BACK!!!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hurrah for Hollywood...er....Pasadena

So its Hollywood Week....but they are actually about 15 miles to the East in Pasadena.

First up....Jonny Keyser...who was great in the auditions. He sounds good, but I don't think he sounds as good as he did in the auditions....good enough for this round though.
Next up....Heejun...he's nervous that everyone is so good looking. He sings way too much through his nose....he'll make it through this round, but I don't see him in the top 12 or even the top 24.
Elise Testone - shes got a raspy voice...not top 12 material...maybe top 24 though.
Baylie Brown - Pretty and a good country-ish voice....a possible top 12, definitely top 24
Hallie Day - I don't love her, but she's got that look that Idol loves for a #10-12 and I can see her in the top 12, but leaving quickly.

Jenn Hirsh from Agoura Hills - wow...she sounds really good...She's a shoo in for the top 24 and probably 12.
Lauren Gray - Another Raspy singer....very soulfull.....shes in the top 24.

Phil Phillips - I hate this styple of singing....he's good, but he's another Casey

Reed Grimm - Been on the stage since age 2...too much deedle deets....This guy is irritating.

Travis Orlando - My favorite!!!!! Wants to prove the judges wrong this time....and...I'm sure I'm prejudiced...but I thought he did awesome. Better than his audition. WHAT!!!!! You have got to be kidding me....WTF!!!!! I seriously do not get it.

Ramiro Garcia...booted off too.... (The guy born without ears).....

DAY 2

Adam Brock - He's got a good soulful voice as well..

Jane Carrey - She's got a good voice, but I don't think she has the depth needed....
Adam is in Jane is out....


David Leathers....17 years old....he looks 12. He's good....incredible range...but he's got that high voice that might get old after a while.
Shannon McGrane - She's good...Another top 24....and probably 12.

Jessica Phillips - the woman with the boyfriend that had the stroke. She's got great musicality in her voice. I would like to see her in the top 12...and I think she is good enough to get there.

They all advance......

Ericka Van Pelt - Got the voice...but not really the look....

Creighton Fraker - Man.....they put this guy through and cut Orlando?....Seriously AI....seriously.

Aaron Marcellus - He's got a great voice but is probably too "trained" for AI

Lauren Mink - The disability teacher - Not good enough.
Jeremy Rosado - aka "Dirty"....waaaaay too whiney......

Simone Black -.....and the DVR cuts out......

So day 1 of Hollywood week is over....and I have no idea what AI is thinking.....I'm going to have to wait and see, but I'm seriousy miffed!

No comments: