THIS is AMERICAN IDOL!

<i><b>THIS</b> is AMERICAN IDOL!</i>

IDOL IS BACK!!!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hollywood Round Two

THIS is American Idol
Simon has switched sides due to the er . . . um, lighting.
The judges gives something that seems akin to advice.
Here comes the group and hellooooooooooooooooo Adam Lambert.
We are once again going with the Billboard Number 1’s.

1. Jasmine – She’s singing Love Song by Sara Berellis (I’m sure I misspelled this). . . I think this is gonna be a really hard song for her to sing because it is so simple, and if I remember correctly she has a very strong voice. Here we go . . . oh my . . . it’s a wee low and she’s trying to inject soul into a song that really is more flighty in nature. That was a big mess, and I hate it because she’s got a good voice. The judges agree with me. They definitely like her, but I don’t think she’s going through. I don’t think she’s getting through this week, and I don’t think she’ll be back for the wildcard round.

2. Matt Giraud – Hmmm, he’s a dueling piano player . . . cool - He’s singing Viva La Vida by Coldplay. Bold choice . . . He seems nervous with a Belinda Carlisle vibrato. Strangely, it doesn’t seem to me that he’s putting much soul into it . . . kinda sounds like a weaker version of Chris Martin. Kara is not blown away. Paula thinks it was risky and thinks it was better than he rehearsed it. Simon thought it was kind of horrible, jerky, and uncomfortable. Randy thinks he has mad talents, but didn’t like this song. I think he’s done this week, but will be back for the wildcard round.

3. Jeanine Vailes – Simon thought she was a naughty little thing. She’s singing “This Love” by Maroon Five. And here we go again with the WRONG FRACKING SONG! All three of these contestants have had very good voices, but have chosen the wrong songs. I will say that she’s having better good moments in this performance than the other two. Paula thinks she has nice legs. Simon thinks she chose the wrong song. Randy thinks the legs are hot, but the song is wrong. Kara thinks that it was over done, and everything about it was wrong. I think that she won’t get through tonight, but has a slight chance at the WildCard round.

4. Nick Mitchell, aka Norman Gentle – I genuinely hope he blows it away because I think this boy has a good voice, but he has fracked around thus far. C’mon boy . . . UGH! It’s Norman! He’s doing “And I Am Telling You” . . . ugh! Why is he coming around like this. This is simply awful and if America votes him through they are fracking up. UGH! UGH! UGH! However, I have a horrible feeling that he could go through. Simon hopes that he is speaking on behalf of America when he says that he hopes he doesn’t go through. The judges get what they deserve because they put him through. Randy thought he was funny. Kara thinks he’s not a terrible singer, but thought he was entertaining. Paula thinks he is a true performer, but doesn’t know if this is the stage for him.

5. Allison Iraheta – She’s kind of fun . . . I don’t remember her. She’s singing “Alone” by Heart. Good song . . . but she betta bring it. FINALLY! FINALLY! FINALLY! She picked the right song and blew it out of the park! Amazing! FINALLY! Week 2 has started!!!!! Randy thought she blew it out the box. Kara doesn’t think she knows how good she is. Paula thinks she can sing the telephone book. Simon thinks she is the best tonight by a MILE! Depends on the rest of the night, but as of right now, she goes through tonight.

6. Chris Allen – very Melinda Doolittle like in his modesty . . . I really like him. He’s singing “Man in the Mirror” by Michael Jackson. Oh Lord. . . but not . . . WOW! I don’t know if it is the lack of any other good singers . . .but that was very, very good. I am VERY HAPPY with that. Kara thinks it was the wrong song (I disagree). Paula disagrees completely, and thinks he nailed it. Simon agrees with Paula and thinks that he showed some confidence and personality and was quite proud of him. Randy thinks that he did it without the guitar. I think he should go through, but if he doesn’t he is a definite for the wildcard.

7. Megan Corkery – Simon liked her in the original audition. She’s singing Put Your Records On by Corrine Bailey. I like this song. Megan has a very different voice, but I really like her. I thought she was very, very good. Paula thinks she picked the right song, and the camera is in love with her. Paula hearts her. Simon thought it started well, and then over sang, but hopes that America votes for her. Randy is a fan of hers, and is interested to see her in other rounds. Kara thinks she is a package artist. She’s got a good shot at going through.

8. Matt B. – He’s the welder. I HEART him. I hope he does well. He’s singing “If you could only see” by Tonic. I LOVE this song. I really liked him. I thought he was very, very good. I thought he was on pitch, and performed it well. Simon hated the song, and is frustrated. Randy thinks that it was boring. Kara echoes everyone and likes him but thinks that it was a poor song choice. Paula thinks he has a really good voice but the song didn’t celebrate who we all fell in love with. I really don’t agree with the judges. I think he was quite good. I think he won’t get through but could very well be back for the Wild Card Round.

9. Jessie – She’s singing Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes . . . She’s slightly nasal, but I like her voice. I think she was very sexy . . . I liked her. Randy thinks that she was just ok. Kara thinks this is her best look, and was slinky and sexy. She liked her. Paula finds her captivating and cool. Simon disagrees with Paula and thinks she’s forgettable. I kind of agree with Simon. I think there’s no way she goes through tonight. She’s got an outside shot at the Wild Card Round.

10. Kai Kalama – He’s singing “What Becomes of the Broken Hearted” . . . I have an early feeling that there is no way he goes through with this song. It is boring. His voice is nice, soulful, and in tune . . . but still boring. Kara likes him but thinks he was pitchy and the song was old fashioned. Paula thinks he performed well, and thinks he has the chops to do well in this business. Simon thinks it was old fashioned and corny. Randy agrees with Simon, and thought it was soooo safe. He is NOT going through tonight, and I think he only has a verrrrrrrrry outside shot at the Wild Card Round.

11. Mishavonna Henson – Drops of Jupiter by Train . . . risky song for her . . .let’s see how it goes . . . .so far very good, but very boring. She picked it up a bit. I like her. I think she did a GREAT job, but I don’t think she out does the other two great girls. Paula thinks it was the wrong song. Simon thinks it’s a great song, but . . . she’s acting like a 50 year old. Randy thinks she feels older. Kara thinks . . . well the same as the others. She’s gone. No Wild Card.

12. Adam Lambert – I think he is sooooooooooo fracking HOT! Therefore, I want him to do reallllllly well. He could be “The Hotness” this year. He’s singing “Satisfaction” by the Rolling Stones. Holy Lord! He could have bombed on that one, but he was AWESOME! WOW! Paula has no words, and thinks he is leaving some in the rearview mirror. Simon thought some was really bad and some was great. Randy LOVED it! Kara thought his range was CRAZY good! He is through. No doubt.

So we’re through another week of Idol. Who goes through? This is going to be a tough one. I think Adam is the only definite. I’ll be back with predictions.

No comments: