THIS is AMERICAN IDOL!

<i><b>THIS</b> is AMERICAN IDOL!</i>

IDOL IS BACK!!!

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I'm with the band

I'm with the band Show begins with a mashup of a bunch of songs. What really hits me about this year is there are some definite stand out performers and some that just come across really amateurish and immature...and others that just are not that great. For me...Caleb, Alex and even Jessica stand out. Sam, CJ and Jena are just ok....and the rest just don't seem to cut it for me. I'm anticipating a Caleb/Alex finale at this point. First up Alex - Classic Alex. I'm being a bit of a hypocrite here, because I ragged on Phillip Phillps a lot for always doing the phil phillips version of a song...and Alex does much the same. I just tend to really dig Alex's versions a lot. Second - Majesty. I liked her energy but the song really didn't do much for me. Third - Dexter. This is one of his better performances. This song is exactly the type of music that he needs to be doing. "This is who I am"...yes Dexter, tonight you are right. Overall that was pretty good. Funny....the judges all said the exact opposite (oh well). Fourth - Melaya - Parts of it were good, but some parts were just screaming. Fifth - Sam....Sam, Sam , Sam....you completely let me down again and this time, it might be fatal. Sam, in my opinion has so much potential, but he has no judgment or sense. He needs someone to guide him. Harry is looking at him like...Dude....what were you thinking. He looked great in the opening group number, now he's back to the hokey style that doesn't suit him or do anything for him. Sixth - Jessica. Fleetwood Mac was a great choice. Jessica has a good look, she has a great voice...the problem I have with Jessica is that she seems incapable of taking it to that next level, which means that she will always be a small venue musician. She needs to break out of her shell and kick it up a notch if she wants to win or succeed. Seventh - CJ. Interesting number, but I'm a little afraid that the obscure nature of the song might be trouble for CJ. I think he performed it well, but I'm not sure that this style of song attracts votes. Eighth - Jena. The song showed her range, but I'm sure that it suits her well. Wow...enough tough ranking. Rubbertoe's bottom 3 - Cj, Majesty and Sam America's bottom 3 - CJ, Majesty and Sam Going home: CJ - Now....will the judges save him....my guess is no.

No comments: