THIS is AMERICAN IDOL!

<i><b>THIS</b> is AMERICAN IDOL!</i>

IDOL IS BACK!!!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Ultimate Idol Briss . . . I don't know why I'm stuck on that phrase . . .

WE ARE HERE! The final week before we start voting . . . TWO FULL HOURS tonight. I think we are going to get 1/2 of the Top 24. That's a lot, yo!

THIS is AMERican Idol!

71 remaining contestants who will have one last chance to prove that they are worthy of the Top 24. I LOVE these two episodes! They sing . . . with NO feedback.

Judges have made their decisions and they are being put into three different rooms . . . C'mon ROOM #1 . . . it contains Casey "Bucky" James! :)

Angela Martin sounds good, but isn't this what she sang in the original audition? That's a no-no! She's in room #3.

CASEY JAMES and Jermaine Purifoy . . . I'm loving Jermaine's "Brick House" . . . Casey is playin it safe with a little Colbie (sp) . . . I liked it, but I'm a little biased. They are in separate rooms.

Haunting music opens this next segment . . . the drama has it's intended affect and makes me giggle . . .

Jermaine Sellers is starting with "The Man in the Mirror" . . . He's got a good solid voice, but that performance pails in comparison to Kris Allen's . . . Oh, Lawd in the mornin . . . don't be a DIVA!

Siobhan Magnus . . . Kind of LOVE her! Very good performance!

Crystal Bowersox - She's croonin a little Sheryl Crowe . . . Very, Very, Good . . . like the combo of the guitar and the harmonica . . . kind of reminds me of a female Jason Castro

Alex Lambert - Why, oh why does he continue to sing this song . . . I LOVE Mraz, but be original!

Big Mike - I like Mike's version, but it's kind of boring . . . don't hurt me, Big Mike.

Todrick Hall - Kara likes his version of Mraz . . . I'm not thrilled with the first half, but the back half kinda kicks!

Thaddeous Johnson . . . and his mama . . . I didn't love him either . . . I thought it was just aight for me . . .

Here comes Room 2 . . .

Charity Vance - unfamiliar with the song . . . she's got some nice control, but that performance would not put her into the Top 12

Mary Powers - Very Confident . . . spells trouble for Room 2 . . . Katy Perry's "Hot n Cold" . . . I don't really think she did her best on this song, but I still think she has a good voice.

Lloyd Thomas - Another "Man in the Mirror" - I like him, but it sounded just okay for me.

Hope Johnson - Don't sing "I'm going home"! I know they like her, but again, she's just aight for me . . . I feel like a broken record.

Room 3 is up next . . .

Shelby Dressel - Forgot her words during practice . . . and she's a little off key during the performance, but she remembered her lyrics. . .

Aaron Kelley - Forgot the lyrics . . . But he pushed through and picked it back up . . . impressed with his determination.

Ashley Rodriguez - Doin a little Jordin Sparks' "Battlefield" . . . She doesn't have the greatest voice, but I like her energy . . .

Lee Dewyze - I kind of adore him . . .

Joe Munuz - ANOTHER MAN IN THE MIRROR!

Haley Vaughn - Such a unique voice . . . I'm still not sure I LOVE it, but she definitely stands out.

I'm kind of betting on Room 1 and 3 to move on . . .

Janell Wheeler - A little Taylor Swift . . . very little energy, but a good voice . . .

The Judges are ON. THEIR. WAY.

Tori Kelley - kind of reminds me of Kelly Pickler

Andrew Garcia - I. LOVE. HIM.

Room 1: Ellen is talkin to the group . . . I think they are safe . . . AND THEY ARE! YAY CASEY! :) I also kind of love Tyler Stephens.

Room 2: It's the end of the line . . . they are out . . . I hate it for Hope Johnson.

Which means Room 3 is SAFE! I love a little Ashley Rodriguez and Angela Martin!

Now, the judges must cut it down from 46 to 24 . . . Another Idol Briss!

7am and time for the final cut . . . as per usual, it's the most emotional cut yet . . .

For the first time IN IDOL HISTORY, the final cut is taking place in the Kodak . . .

They are going in one by one . . . I liked the elevator from the past few seasons. . .

Big Mike! - I kind of think they will send him into the Top 24 - BIG MIKE is in the TOP 24! A unanimous decision! LOVE HIM!

Didi Benani - I have no idea if I've spelled that correctly . . . I LOVED her version of Kara's song . . . This girl has a better voice than Big Mike . . . I hope she makes it in . . . YAY! YAY! YAY! I'm so very happy for her.

Katlyn Epperly - I like her, but she's not gonna win . . . I don't have high hopes for her today . . . Wow, I'm a little stunned, but I'm happy for her!

Shelby - I like her, but I just don't think she has the voice . . . I really think if they send her through . . . I don't wanna say it . . . They sent her home . . . I feel for her, but I think they made the right decision.

Hey Casey James! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Holla! That's my sweet, baby, Casey!

Aaron Kelley - He forgot his words in the final performance . . . I'm just not sure . . . I think he definitely has the voice . . . I hope they give him another shot . . . He could be in a Disney show . . . He made it! :) That makes me smile :)

Lee Dewyze - I think he has a good, contemporary voice, but he sounds like a hundred other people . . . he may not make it . . . There was some disagreement, but he made it! Good for Lee!

Four guys and two girls have gone to the Top 24 . . . how many more will we see tonight? We'll find out . . . after the break . . .

Random . . . there's a story on "snow rage" on my local news tonight. . . kind of cracks me up.

Toddrick Hall - He's never had a voice lesson in his life! Wow! He's gotta good voice. . . He made it with a simple "yes" from Kara!

Five boys and Two girls . . .

Jessica Furney - She made it to Hollywood last year . . . what about now? I just don't think tat she can win . . . but they have only put two girls in so far . . . She didn't make it . . . But she's gonna beg for it . . . I've gotta give her props for her moxy . . . But she's done . . . Kind of hurts me for her . . .

Seven are into the Top 24 . . . we've got 17 slots left . . . to be filled tomorrow night. . . Ten more girls and seven more guys . . . The drama continues . . .

Last but not least, let me thank Kizzle, AKA "K", for changing up the banner pics each week. He is doing an incredible job! Yay, Kizzle! Peace Out!

No comments: