The pressure is on . . . Are you ready? This is American Idol.
Here are our Nine Finalists!
I think Aaron borrowed Lee's jacket . . .
Tonight we are going to experience Elvis' songbook . . . I'm just going to go ahead and predict that Andrew Garcia is going to serve up some mozzerella cheese sticks . . .
I love Glambert, but I'm not sure how he warrants being an Idol mentor for Elvis night . . .
Did Ryan just tell Adam that "he had an extra 2 inches tonight"? Er . . . Um . . . anyway . . .
And did he just say, "My tongue isn't nearly as talented as yours" . . . Seriously! LOVES IT!
1. Crystal Bowersox - She's singing "Saved" . . . I'm lovin this gospel vibe with the electric guitar . . . Blow it out, Ms. Crystal. A big, ball of awesome from Ms. Crystal. SHE NAILED IT! Randy thought she has energy and it was dope. Ellen thought it was fantastic. Kara thought it was solid and uptempo. Simon thought it suited her and she put her own slant on it.
2. Andrew Garcia - I'm scared . . . Stop talking Andrew . . . He's singing "Hound Dog" . . . Is that changing things up? He has stolen my wallet chain . . . Oh Andrew . . . this is slow and slightly boring . . . Just ok for J . . . nothing too exciting . . . Randy thought it was not good karaoke. Ellen wanted more swagga, and thought he pulled it off. Kara didn't think he owned it. Simon thought it was lazy and didn't feel like the star performance. . . Andrew is in trouble.
3. Tim Urban - He's singing "Can't Help Falling Love" . . . this could be gorgeous or it could be horrendous . . . Turban? It's definitely a stripped down version of the song . . . that was kind of beautiful . . . I'm a wee bit impressed with Mr. Urban. . . that was lovely. Randy actually liked it. Ellen is comparing him to taking many shots of tequila. Kara thought it was her favorite Tim performance. Simon thinks he's gone from zero to hero in two weeks.
4. Lee DeWyze - Singing "A Little Less Conversation" . . . Adam correctly perceives that Lee doesn't give good face. His performance was very good . . . very solid. I continue to be impressed. Randy is impressed. Ellen thought it sounded current. Kara thought he went for it vocally. Simon thought he nailed it.
5. Aaron Kelly - Singin "Blue Suede Shoes" . . . this could be wonderful or . . . I'm just not sure . . . It's got a cheese tinge to it, but his vocals sound good. He showed much more range in his voice . . . but again, with a side of cheese. Randy thought it was better in the second half. Ellen thought it was a big song to take on, but didn't think he got all the way there. Kara likes that he was out of his comfort zone. Simon thought it made him older . . . like at a high school concert.
6. Siobhan Magnus - She's singing "Suspicious Minds" . . . She has her back turned to the audience . . . Performance was boring until she hits the slow down at the end . . . I like the end. Randy liked the back half of the song. Ellen liked the second half of the song. Kara is confused and wasn't crazy about it. Simon thought she was a completely different person and very erratic.
7. Big Mike - He's singing "In the Ghetto" . . . A very solid vocal performance from Big Mike. He sang it well and it felt genuine. Much, much better than last week. Randy thought it was a little sleepy, but HOT. Ellen is glad they saved him. Kara thought it was beautiful. Simon thought it was a terrific choice of song.
8. Katie Stevens - She's singin "Baby, What You Want Me to Do" . . . Adam wants her to get "throaty" . . . She's got the neck roll going on . . . Her pipes are improving each week, and I like the vocals. Randy thought it was entertaining. Ellen thought it was a very horny song. Kara thought she showed the judges. Katie thought it was loud and annoying.
9. Casey James - I so don't know this song . . . Loudy, Ms. Cloudy . . . or Lordy Ms. Clordy . . . or something like that . . . He just looks like he's already won . . . Both he and Crystal have that look about them . . . like they've already won and are just singing . . . I wanna yank his pony tail. Randy thought it was solid. Ellen wasn't excited, but thinks he's always good. Kara thinks it fell short. Simon thought it was a wasted opportunity, but his vocal was good.
5. Big Mike