THIS is Quentin Tarrentino and THIS is AMERICAN IDOL
Why is Paula is in a jeweled dominatrix outfit
Anyway, Tonight the judges are only talking two at a time . . . because “the girls” talked too much . . . so, not all of the judges will judge all of the contestants . . . Hmmm, we’ll see how this goes.
Here comes the worship at the Quentin altar. . .
Fortunately the Terrentino will not be judging . . . Here we go . . .
1. Allison – “I Don’t’ Wanna Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith – I’m scared of this a little bit. I love my girl, but this song . . . ugh. Interesting start . . . she’s a bit flat in places . . . the back end of the song is much better than the front end. I think she was good, but I’ve heard her do betterPaula thinks that she possesses the same special sauce that Adam does . . . Simon thinks that she is the girls only hope in the competition . . . being that there are only two left, that’s kind of rough on Lil . . .
2. Anoop Dogg – “Everything I Do I Do It For You” – Yikes . . . this could be rough . . . He started well, but then kind of went astray on some of the early notes . . . some pretty notes towards the end, but I don’t think he strayed far enough from the original. I think it was just kind of meh . . . Randy thinks he’s found his range in the last few weeks, and Kara thought it was one of his best performances.
3. Adam – “Born to be Wild” – Let’s see what he brings this week – The full on makeup is back this week. He’s rockin out with the band and the background singers . . . He’s doin a good job here because this could be so karaoke. The boy can blow . . . seriously blow . . . Simon is probably going to think this is self-indulgent . . . but the boy is just in a whole different league. Paula thinks he dares to dance in the path of greatness. Simon thought it was vocally incredible, but that it was a bit like Rocky Horror in parts.
4. Matt G. – “Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman” – See the beginning of Anoop’s comment . . . yikes, this could be rough . . . playing the piano tonight . . . very nice . . . Matt G makes me nervous because of his shaky vocals. So far so good vocally, but he’s not changing the melody at all. I wonder if this time the judges will praise him for sticking to the melody or tell him that he should have changed it. For me, that was really rough. Randy didn’t think it was one of his best. Kara appreciates the soul he tried to bring to it, but doesn’t think he really delivered.
5. The Gokey – He brought a guitar tonight . . . He’s singing “Endless Love” because this song touches his heart . . . Ok, this could be REALLY GOOD or REALLY CHEESTASTIC – Nevermind, he doesn’t have his guitar . . . very restrained performance without the typical Gokey screech . . . I’m liking this . . . wait, I spoke to soon . . . the Gokey screech has made another appearance. Overall, a solid performance from the Gokey. Paula worried about the low key, and thinks the back half was very beautiful. Simon can’t fault the way he sang the song, but he was disappointed in the harp and the traditional version of the song, and was kind of bored.
6. Kris – I’m not sure what this song is . . . I couldn’t hear over Quentin . . . he’s debating over an instrument . . . he has chosen not to play. . . The boy just rips me in two . . . shaky at times, but I just thought it was a lovely vulnerable performance. I never worry about his vocals like I do some of the others. He is always spot on. Randy thinks it never quite caught on. Kara thought it was one of his best moments.
7. Lil – “The Rose” - I’m worried about this song choice. This is one of those perfect, classic songs. Girl can hit the notes, but I’m just not sure about this rendition. I love her, and I think that she is better this week, but . . . just didn’t totally work for me. Paula thinks it’s a beautiful song, and didn’t really give any commentary. Simon thinks she’s getting it completely wrong . . . had some nice moments . . . Lil talks back . . . and good for her . . . but I’m just not sure about that . . .
We've come to the end of yet another Idol performance night. I have to say, it was better than I thought it would be. No one was terrible . . . probably because this is, by far, the most complete group of Idol finalists we have ever had . . . in my opinion . . .
Here are my rankings
My Bottom Three: Anoop, Lil, and Matt
America's Bottom Three: Anoop, Lil, and Matt