THIS is AMERICAN IDOL!

<i><b>THIS</b> is AMERICAN IDOL!</i>

IDOL IS BACK!!!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

hallelujia

Ok….I can’t spell….how do you spell Hallelujia?

Just a short AI review today….we are coming down to the wire and it is clear that it is going to be Lee/Crystal in the finale. It was almost as if Casey didn’t ever really try. I’m a little upset at the producers of the show though, who obviously wanted a Lee/Crystal finale, they threw Casey under the bus with the song choice they gave him and the unabashedly Hallelujia production number that they gave Lee.
That said….Crystal and Lee were definitely the best two last night. First song – Lee was far and away the best. Crystal’s version of “Come to my window” was weak.
Second song – Lee by a sliver. I thought Crystal was very good as well. Casey – it was a nice vocal, but as Simon said, it was not the type of song that is going to propel anyone into the finale.

I know that I’m going to be in the minority here, but even though Lee was incredible with Hallelujia….I still preferred Jason Castro’s version.

OK….so next week will be interesting. Can Crystal stop Lee’s momentum? Can Crystal overcome the producers/judges obvious push for Lee?
It remains to be seen. One thing that I can say about the finale this year is that unlike it year’s past, they BOTH need to win if they have any hope of making it. There is no Chris Daughtry, Adam Lambert, Jennifer Hudson strength here to propel the loser. They both need the Idol machinery behind them here.

No comments: