THIS is AMERICAN IDOL!

<i><b>THIS</b> is AMERICAN IDOL!</i>

IDOL IS BACK!!!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Finale: Which of the Undeserving will Prevail?





THIS is your finale . . . and THIS is AMERican Idol

Not sure who's finale he's talking about, but I don't claim it. I'm only going to make brief notes . . . 122 million votes . . . a record . . . . 3/4 of a billion votes over the season.

I don't think I have ever been swayed by a finale like I was last night . . . I was SO irritated by the Lauren pimpage that I actually voted . . . ugh . . . for Scotty.

I might as well say it again . . . what in gay hell is Lauren wearing . . . oh my, as well as Scotty . . . again, Idol's stylist needs Jesus.

The Top 13 are singing "Express Yourself" . . .er, I mean "Born This Way" Hello James Durbin :)

Idol finalist, er, I mean top 4 idolist, James Durbin with Judas Priest - who'd a thunk that Judas Priest would ever be on Idol . . . An aside . . . I am so turned on right now I kinda can't see straight . . . um, I mean gay . . . :)

Here comes Jacob with Kirk Franklin . . . where is Idol's stylist ... cuz they are gonna bring Jesus. Oh Lawd, it's Ms. Gladys . . . Jacob is currently peeing all over himself. I don't love Jacob, but I do love being taken to church by the Idol choir!

Here comes Casey singing "Fat Bottomed Girls" . . . I'm sorry this song belongs to another Casey . . . Casey James . . . Oh Lord, and he's singing it with Jack Black . . . one word to describe that performance . . . ridic . . . that's all.

Here come the ladies of the Top 13 . . . pimping, er, I mean singing Bey Bey's "Single Ladies" and "Irreplaceable" and some other song which I'm sure is Bey Bey, but with which I'm unfamiliar. and "If I Were A Boy" . . . Oh look, its Bey Bey! Singing with My Haley! There's Pia . . . looking like she's ready to bite the head off a puppy. I should have entitled this section Bey Bey's greatest hits.

Here comes a tribute to La Tyler . . . I heart La Tyler and hope he graces us next season :)

Here is Haley and Tony Bennett, WTF? Ok, y'all know I've got the Haley love, but I'm a little in love with this performane.

Here comes a tribute to JLo . . . I kind of hope she stays around too. :)

Here come the ladies of the Top 13, TLC, and Lil John . . . I'm hoping this means that TLC is coming out with something new . . . LOVE IT!

Here comes Scotty with "Live Like You Were Dying" with Tim McGraw . . . Mr. McGraw is the essence of country hotness with that cowboy hat and those jeans :) I can't even pay attention to Scotty with Tim McGraw on stage.

Marc Anthony . . . blah blah blah

James vs. Casey . . . but here comes Pia . . . funny stuff. :) Top 13 guys singing Prince's "Kiss" . . . yikesies . . . There's a reason Stefano went home. Then comes Paul singing a song from Too Wong Foo . . . RT is dying . . . James singing something about a pussy cat . . . TeeHee . . . Oh Scotty . . . stop . . . I was just kidding, keep singing . . . stop Jacob. Why, Why, Why, Casey . . . why does he remind me of Lee DeWyze. Oh God, it's Tom Jones . . . there are no words . . .

Where are the contemporary artists, Idol. I feel like I say the same thing every season.

Here comes Lady GaGa with "The Edge of Glory" . . . Say what you will about her . . . the Lady can sing . . .

Here comes Lauren and Carrie singing the song that Lauren should have been signing last night . . . and Ms. Underwood dressed by the same Idol stylist that needs Jesus. They attempted harmony . . . Lauren could take a lesson from the former Carrie-Bot . . . Not to increase the pimpage talk, but this is a MUGH better duet than Scotty and La McGraw. MUCH BETTER.

Again, Pia looks like she could bite the head off of a puppy.

Good God is this a Bey Bey concert . . .she's trying to take the sting out of how horrible Rule the World (Girls) was . . .

Here comes Bono and The Edge with something from "SpiderMan After Dark" . . . here's hoping that there are no injuries . . . I wonder who was in the SpiderMan costume that made JLo jump . . .

Ok, so, the results have to happen after this commercial break ... Who is the Idol? Scotty or Lauren . . . do we care . . .

Oh, btw, I will be starting the Lil Tasters a #TheVoice blog next week so we can start blogging during the live shows . . . . I hope all of the Lil Tasters are up for it! I also think, in the Fall, we should do an XFactor blog.

It looks like Idol will not end on time . . . as here comes Steven Tyler . . . thank goodness I'm watching live and not depending on DVR.

Here are the official results: The Winner of American Idol 2011 Isssssssssssssssss . . . Scotty McCreery! I NEVER thought I would say this, but I'm happy he won . . . neither of them should have been in the finale, but, of the two of them, Scotty had the better voice.

Can't wait to hear what everyone else has to say . . . look RT, I'm still here. :)

1 comment:

DrL/K said...

We are totally up for The Voice blog! Just direct us where to go :)
L :)