THIS is AMERICAN IDOL!

<i><b>THIS</b> is AMERICAN IDOL!</i>

IDOL IS BACK!!!

Monday, June 9, 2008

Gabe Wows and Alyson is Miss America!



Here comes electrician Gabe Garcia. The judges thought he could be a “very important act for country music”. We add a touch more diversity with this Hispanic contestant. Singing “All my exes live in Texas” . . . . very old school country . . . . very, very good. A little old school for my personal taste, but very good at what he did. He is very today's country meets Clint Black. I kinda dug it. All the judges heart his stuff.




Next up is Alyson Gilbert from Tennessee. She definitely has a country look to her. She is studying animal science at the University of Tennessee – Martin. Lower register is kinda pitchy, but her upper register is brilliant. Her eyes are VERY WIDE when she sings. The judges kinda thought she was a bit pagenty in performance, and are worried about her tonight. I'm a little worried bout her as well. She's got some pipes there, but her stage presence just kind of makes me want to get that cheese in a can . . . you know the stuff that looks like whip cream . . . and fill my mouth til I choke . . .

No comments: