THIS is AMERICAN IDOL!

<i><b>THIS</b> is AMERICAN IDOL!</i>

IDOL IS BACK!!!

Monday, June 9, 2008

Pearl Heart and Sailor Tommy kick off the night!




First up, Pearl Heart. They are a trio of sisters whose parents moved them to Nashville. Very Dixie Chicks meets Wilson Phillips. Let’s see how it goes. They’re singing “Wide Open Space” by the Dixie Chicks. Nice harmony . . . a little sharp at times, but overall very lovely performance. Very good job for the trio. They were a wee bit pitchy in their upper register, but overall good job. The judges kind of heart them. I look forward to hearing them perform again.



Next up, sailor Tommy. He serves on the U.S.S Kitty Hawk. He has been wearing this sailor suit 4EVER! Please take off the sailor suit dude . . . Thank you, we’re in a normal, cute set of clothes. Very David Hernandez from American Idol (read: long sleeve shirt, vest, cute skinny tie, and jeans) He’s crooning a little “Walkin in Memphis”. He’s doin a little odd blue-grass version of this song. The boy’s got a good voice but the arrangement is weird for me. Judges loved him but want him to not oversing it. I think he's pretty safe for now.

3 comments:

Jim & Chrissy said...

Amy, Angela, & Courtney (Pearl Heart) are my nieces. I know I'm biased but I thought they gave a solid performance as well. We haven't been able to talk to them since the taping started a week or so ago. I can't wait until next week to see what they perform (assuming they make it through). Nice blog. I'll be following it.

J said...

I'm so glad you guys found us. I thought Pearl Heart was great. I'm a big fan of the female trio in general . . . big fan of the Dixie Chicks, Wilson Phillips esque sound. Hope they do well on the show!

DrL/K said...

Same goes for us! Glad you found the blog and hope you have fun reading and chiming in when you can!

yay!! J, excellent job of starting us all off right on the play by play.

We are in agreement with your assessment of Sailor T and Pearl Heart :)