THIS is AMERICAN IDOL!

<i><b>THIS</b> is AMERICAN IDOL!</i>

IDOL IS BACK!!!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Was Definitely Given One Reason To Stay Here . . . And It's Name was Rhiannon

Eight Girls . . . One Dream . . . They fight to get into the Top 12 . . .

THIS is AMERican Idol!

Looks like they're giving Lily the pimp spot tonight . . .

I LOVE that Ellen is in Simon's lap . . . LOVES IT!

LOVE Ellen in her shirt and tie . . . she looks so cute!

1. Katie Stevens singing "Breakaway" - Why do they keep doing Kelly Clarkson? Pitchy, pitchy, pitchy . . . she needs to get to the chorus FAST . . . seems to me that she has slowed the song down even more than the original . . . she's made a grievous error here. Randy thinks the song was too big for her. Ellen likes that she listened and picked a young song, but she didn't believe it. Kara thinks she has a great radio voice, but that she doesn't know herself . . . I don't know what gay man got a hold of Kara and used rhinestones and a glue gun . . . anyway . . . Simon thinks she has taken their advice, but it still hasn't worked out.

2. Siobhan - I have to admit, she is not my favorite contestants. I hope she changes my mind tonight. She is singing "House of the Rising Sun" by the animals. I must admit, I don't really know this song. Here she goes. She's going acapella tonight. Brave girl . . . I've gotta give her props, she is pitch perfect. She's got great control and isn't screaming like I thought she was last week. I'm impressed. Randy thought it was HOT! Ellen thought it was captivating. Kara loved the acapella. Simon wasn't a fan of it.

3. Lacey Brown - singing Brandy Carlisle's "The Story" . . . I'm really underwhelmed by this girl . . . Her voice sounds better this week . . . she's gained some steadiness, and some level of confidence. I still don't love her, but I think the audience kind of likes her or she'd be gone by now. Overall, nice control and tone to her voice. Randy thought it was her best performance. Ellen agrees with Randy. Kara thinks that performances like this are why she got here. Simon didn't love love the song, but liked how she sang it.

4. Katelyn Epperly - on the keyboard doing a little Carole King "I feel the earth move" . . . I think she has a better voice than the other three, but this is kind of a safe performance. Randy didn't feel the vibe. Ellen doesn't know that it was the right song to choose. Kara felt like she was going trough the motions. Simon likes her hair, but felt like it was request night at a restaurant.

5. Didi Benami - Singing a little Fleetwood Mac's "Rhiannon" . . . she's takin it acoustic style . . . the performance is a little boring, but she is much more of a soulful voice than the others . . . I believe her when she sings. I thought it was quite impressive indeed. Randy thought it was better than last week. Ellen thought it was a lovely performance. Kara thought it was one of her favorite performance of the show this season . . . and I think Randy just called her Paula. . . Simon agrees with Kara and thought it was head and shoulders above anything else tonight.

6. Paige Miles - She's singing "smile" by Charlie Chaplin . . . interesting . . . There is no doubt that this girl has a beautiful voice, but I'm really not sure why she chose to do this song. The ending was definitely better than the beginning, but I think she could go home on this one. Randy didn't think it worked . . . is he wearing a swatch watch . . . Ellen didn't think it was inspiring. Kara thought it was the wrong song choice. Simon agrees with everyone else.

7. Crystal Bowersox - singing a little Tracy Chapman, with the electric guitar, and "Give Me One Reason" . . . SHE. IS. AMAZING. Period . . . end of sentence. Randy loved it all. Ellen needs new adjectives for her. Kara thinks she knows who she is. Simon thinks the competition is hers to lose.

8. Lily Scott - She's singin a little Patsy Cline, "I Fall to Pieces" . . . I'm never sure about her song choices . . . there's a certain singer's vibe here, but I can't quite place it. I'll say this . . . the girl always has the "believability" factor. I was a bit bored by it . . . but she will get through. Randy loves the mandolin and it was hot. Ellen loves her originality. Kara thinks she made Patsy feel current. Simon thinks she's brave, but it didn't have the wow factor.

For me tonight . . . the rankings

1. Crystal,
(space)
2. Didi,
3. Siobhan
4. Lacey,
5. Lily
(huge, massive, Jennifer Love Forehead space)
6. Katelyn,
(space)
7. Katie,
8. Paige

Although I have Katie and Paige last . . . something tells me that Katie will stay. She is a young, cute, girl. I think Katelyn may take her place. Therefore, my prediction is Paige and Katelyn.

No comments: