THIS is AMERICAN IDOL!

<i><b>THIS</b> is AMERICAN IDOL!</i>

IDOL IS BACK!!!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ms. White tickles the ivories . . . and is arresting!

We're back with sunshiney Brooke White. She is singing the Police classic "Every Breath You Take". A little misstep at the beginning. Just Brooke and a piano = POTENTIAL brilliance. I'm a big fan of the artist with the piano. I really really liked this performance. I think that she, once again, has such a great awareness of the boundaries of her voice.

Randy thought the first half of the song was great, but the back half of the song was a little old sounding. Paula thought that it was much better than last week. Simon thought the first half of the song was fantastic, but she should have stayed on the piano by herself the entire time.

Overall, I gotta say, I really loved this performance. I think it is interesting that they complained about her incorporating the band, but, as I recall, their complaint about Love is a Battlefield was that she didn't incorporate the band. I too would have loved just her and the piano. . . but that's me. I love the performer with just the instrument. Overall, great job!

And, break!

1 comment:

DrL/K said...

I know I am in the minority on this, but as a Police and Sting fan...I just thought it was kind of a souless performance. Not one of her better performances for me.