THIS is AMERICAN IDOL!

<i><b>THIS</b> is AMERICAN IDOL!</i>

IDOL IS BACK!!!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

David delivers a knockout punch

So….it was a knockout punch but not the one the many of us expected. Congrats to David Cook….this years American Idol.

I was a little surprised, but not shocked. I believed that both were strong coming into the night….and I thought there was a real possibility that the judges comments could result in a surge for Cook….and complacency on Archuletta fans. However, Dialidol has been predicting Cook for several weeks now…and apparently he had a pretty strong base in the 30+ age group…..for me….it was like Ruben and Clay all over……I couldn’t vote for either because I liked them both. I was leaning towards Archuletta…but I am completely happy with Cook as well…..I think, however…..that like Ruben and Clay….both will do just fine.



Some quick thoughts:



Top 5 last night:



#5 – Jason Castro –Hallelujia (the title says it all)

#4 - Red Carpet appearance by the one….the only….SANJAYA! (That alone made my night….you would have missed it if you weren’t watching the Idol Tonight preshow….but there was also a shot of him in the audience in the show as well.

#3 – Brooke and Nash……great duet….it was perfect

#2 – Carly Smithson and Michael Johns duet…..watching them….it very easily could have been the two of them in the finale. They were both outstanding last night

#1 – David and David – two seemingly genuinely nice guys….its too bad that they both couldn’t win.



Honorable Mention – Reynaldo with the USC marching band….it could have been pulled off a little better….but it was still fun.



Bottom 5:



#5 – How Old most of the performers looked – exactly what has been wrong with the show this season…..it needs to beef up the hip factor….seriously…..does anyone really even know who Bryan Adams is…let alone care who he is…..and he looked horrible………George Michael……looked horrible……..Donna Summer…..kinda looked horrible…..

#4 – Blatant film tie ins – The love Guru……boring…….and stupid……If I had no interest in seeing the movie BEFORE this shameless tripe….I DEFINITELY have no interest now. Lil David looked incredibly uncomfortable with the line :soon you will be growing hair in all kinds of strange places……it made me uncomfortable…..

#3 – Syesha and Seal…..sounded like they had never rehearsed the song….and it pretty much looked that way as well.

#2 – Jordin Sparks dress-….c’mon girlfriend….whoever told you to wear that thing….is no friend of yours…..contrasted with Carrie Underwear…..Jordin has a long long way to go.

#1 – As usual….the pathetically bad idol winner song. Both of the songs the night before was better than the crap that Cook had to sing when he won…..still not as bad as “this is my now”…or “do I make you proud”….but nevertheless…..Cook doing this song…sounded about the same as Bo did when he had to perform the obviously written for Carrie Underwood “I wanna be inside your heaven”….I think Cook doing “Dream Big” would have been a much stronger ending.





So…..the end of another year. As I said….I wasn’t so much surprised by the Cook win….as I was by the margin of victory. Cook pretty much won by a landslide….I don’t think anyone would have predicted that…..I’m anxious to hear their CD’s when they come out…. (I’m STILL waiting for Melindas….and Sanjayas)…..so we will see……



Thank you all for humoring me in my thoughts!,,,,



Rubbertoe ….OUT!

No comments: