THIS is AMERICAN IDOL!

<i><b>THIS</b> is AMERICAN IDOL!</i>

IDOL IS BACK!!!

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Does it really matter anymore?

Does it REALLY matter who gets voted off tonight? Seriously……the only real drama is which of the two Syesha/Jason will go home this week and who will go home next week. The David v. David finale is inevitable. There really is no sense of drama hear.



Watching last night’s show brought a couple of things to mind. First of all….as much as I like Jason Castro….he doesn’t really belong in the top 5, let alone the top 4 or top 3. He’s charming…yes….he’s cute…yes…..he’s fun and goofy….and he has a decent voice…..but Michael Johns, Carly and even Brooke are better singers than Jason….and afterall…this IS a singing competition….or is it?



I completely agreed with Simon yet again…..Archuletta not only beat the competition last night….he smashed them. Lil David proved that he is the best singer in the competition and the one that has the drive to win. The “chosen one” will be the next American Idol….but it will be a fun finale to watch.



David Cook – C’mon man…..there were sooooo many great songs to choose from and you chose those two? I still think Hotel California would have been a defining moment for the guy…..but “Hungry like a wolf”….Don’t get me wrong….I loved Duran Duran…but his performance was corny and cheesy….right up to the little wolf “prowl” he tried to do. Cook peaked about 3-4 weeks ago and has not been really good since. His second song was much better….and I do LOVE his high range….but it was just “aiiight” ….I wasn’t hatin’ him…but I wasn’t lovin him either. Also…I’m not digging the facial hair….the five o’ clock shadow scruff works on him….but the heavier facial hair makes him look like that “transient character” from the “Simpsons”……you know….the one who actually invent “itchy and scratchy”.





Syesha – The girl looked HOT last night. In her second performance….gold dress……I couldn’t help but stare at her boobs……she looked gorgeous and Fab-U-lous.

With her clichéd and obvious song picks…was there any doubt that she would do “Proud Mary”…..it was pretty good….but no Tina Turner. As for the second number….I wasn’t familiar with the song….but I agreed with Paula and Simon….I thought that she really pulled it off.



Castro – Jason, Jason, Jason……my boy…….I totally heart him….but last night was pathetic…..it was just plain bad. When I saw his song choices, I thought “very smart intelligent choices”….but “I shot the sheriff” was a complete mess. “Tambourine Man” was much better….but he really showed he doesn’t belong where he is….He was at his “goofy” best in the interviews….which I loved…..I still heart him…..but man…..it was painful….that’s all I can say.



Lil David - Stand by me – incredible. David doing what david does best. He looked great….his voice was top notch…and I really felt…as Paula said... a connection to the audience. “Love me tender”….I wasn’t loving as much…but you can’t fault his vocals here….



Bottom 2 – Syesha and Castro



Going home tonight – My gut is telling me Syesha. She was the second best last night….but she sang the “going home” ballad that often haunts the contestants….I really felt her emotion last night….I was crying with her last night…..and I have a strange feeling I’ll be crying with her again tonight.



It should be Castro…..but I foresee his base keeping him in for another week….primarily because of Simon’s “pack your bags” line.



Syesha was the distant second best last night…but I think she goes home tonight.



Rubbertoe! Out!


PS....I am looking forward to seeing David Archuletta's homecoming next week to his....and my hometown....(Murray, Utah)......I completely expect him to be "showcased" performing at the "Fashion Place Mall".......!

No comments: