THIS is AMERICAN IDOL!

<i><b>THIS</b> is AMERICAN IDOL!</i>

IDOL IS BACK!!!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Song Wishes . . . Top 3

Ok, so, all of this talk of spoilers made me start thinking of songs I wish they would/could sing for the Final Three. Seriously, y'all, this week has the possibility of the most wide open song choices . . . A few wishes from "J"

Lil David - One Voice - Elton John . . . I realize that this song has been done before on Idol. Ms. Degarmo did it in season 3 and, more notably, K Clarkson blew it out with the season 2 idols during that year's finale. However, this song could really work for Lil Bit. OR how bout Sherriff's "When I'm With You" more likely, he will pick something more like Joey McEntire's "Stay the Same". Y'all might not know it right off, but youtube it and listen . . . such a Lil David song.

Syesha - I really want to see her do something understated and show off her voice within its proper boundaries. I realize this is a foolish wish, but still . . . that being said, I would love to see her sing "Killing Me Softly". It's a big song, but not so much the diva type song that she so often leans towards. Another choice she'll never pick, but could do nicely is Norah Jones "Don't Konw Why" . . . I know, I know, she wouldn't ever do it, but, I think she has a lovely voice when it is used appropriately, and I think this song could display the subtle nuances that very likely exist.

Rocker David - I just can't think of him singing anything that is not a little edgy, but I'd really like to see him take on a hair band power ballad from the 80's . . . like, Bon Jovi's "I'll Be There For You" or Extreme's "More than Words" or Bad English's "When I See You Smile". . . I think that the only thing we haven't seen him do is really pull out the song that makes him the romantic bad boy. A side note: I think that Rocker David will either do AMAZING or TERRIBLE with "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face". What I am so worried about is that he will take the song down a blasphemous path and once again try and turn it into an emo-stalker-deathmarch. DON'T DO THAT!

What about y'all? What are your wishes for the Top 3?

No comments: