THIS is AMERICAN IDOL!

<i><b>THIS</b> is AMERICAN IDOL!</i>

IDOL IS BACK!!!

Friday, May 9, 2008

Early Song Spoilers, Y'all!

DJ Slim over at Idol Blog Live is reporting early song spoilers for next week's episode. Each of the Idols flew home this week, and, as you'll recall from past seasons, during these trips is when they receive the judge's song choice. I'll update as DJ Slim does. Here's what we've got so far . . .

David Cook: Judge's Choice (Simon) The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack . . . Can I just tell you that this song is one of my top 5 all time favorites!!! I am so excited with the prospect of this performance. Could very much be an Idol Moment. David's Choice: The World I Know - Collective Soul - As opposed to Simon's choice, David's choice is pretty uninspired. Hope the producer's choice picks up the pace a bit. But still y'all . . . Roberta Flack . . . OMFG!

Syesha Mercado: Judge's Choice (Randy) If I Ain't Got You - Alicia Keys. Oh, ugh! Randy has given her the diva song that this girl so much longs for. I'm not sure this was the wisest choice OR maybe it was chosen to sink her so we can have a David's final. . . Why not give this girl an understated song like Corrine Bailey Ray or Norah Jones as a surprise pick . . . we'll see

Lil David - Judge's Choice (Paula) So It Goes - Billy Joel. I was not familiar with the name of this song, so I did a little Youtubage and discovered that it's pretty typical BJ fair. Very piano driven performance. Could be a BIG winner for Lil D, but, with the offstage daddy drama, I worry about his timing while tickling the ivories. Producer's Choice: - Longer - Dan Fogelberg. Very unfamiliar with this track. Will hit up the youtubage later to check it out. However, can I just ask a question . . . aside from Randy's unfortunate song choice for our resident fauxdiva . . . WHY CAN'T WE GET SONG CHOICES FROM THE LAST DECADE! Why oh why must all of these song choices draw on so much history.

Seriously, couldn't we get a little Michael Buble/Josh Grobin for Lil D . . . Possibly a little revamped Maroon Five for Rocker D . . . an, seriously, Rocker D, Collective Soul . . . really? Don't get me wrong, I like the song, but why not SOMETHING that tests him a bit. . . how bout doin a male version of some Shirley Manson and Garbage? I'm waiting with trepidation for the rest of the selections . . . what do y'all think?

More to come . . .

1 comment:

DrL/K said...

We just read that the *possible* producer's choice song for David C. might be The Guess Who's "American Woman"! MIght be a fun choice :)